The wedding dress is always a big part of the “problems” any bride experiences in her big day. This is because brides are so anxious on how they will look like during the wedding day. But, you don’t necessarily have to spend so much money just to look good. All you need to do is shop around for a cheap wedding dress that can fit your taste, style, and preference.
If you are one of those modern brides who would want to spend money by choosing a cheap wedding dress, here are some helpful tips for you.
- Set your budget. For frugal brides who want a beautiful yet cheap wedding dress, it is very important to carefully plan their allotted budget before shopping. When you have a specific budget allotted for your wedding dress, you will not be tempted to feast your eyes on super elegant gowns that would cost you a huge fortune.
In setting the budget, it is helpful to conduct a research about the price range of cheap wedding dress available in most bridal stores so you can make the necessary adjustments. Always remember that in setting the budget, always allot 10 percent of its total as an allowance. This will ensure that you won’t be having so many headaches once your wedding dress choice is out of the allotted budget.
Read More: Plus Size Wedding Dresses
Read More: The Comfort Beach Wedding Dresses
- Know the best places where you can buy a cheap wedding dress. Since you are on a tight budget, don’t include the list of bridal stores and salons when looking for a cheap wedding dress. The best bets where you can find a cheap wedding dress include a bridal warehouse that offers off-the-rack items for cheaper prices, a consignment shops where overstocks and designer wedding dresses are available for half the original price, stores where there are sample sales because limited items that are about to expire are sold for cheaper rates, and a seamstress or a tailor that sell wedding dresses that are not claimed by the original owner or can create a cheap wedding dress for you. (TIP: If you are looking for a cheap wedding dress in a department store or inside a shopping mall, it is better to shop in a store or department that is not labeled as a “wedding section” because the prices of the items tend to be higher or more expensive.)
- Look for simple cuts and designs. If you are really on a tight budget, it is better to opt for simple designs and with lesser details. If you look for these types of wedding dresses, you are sure that they are cheap since they are not made of high quality materials or intricate designs.
- Shop for a cheap wedding dress in online sites. If you know what are you looking for and you have an eye in looking for good condition of things despite other’s use, then you can try to shop online. In sites like ebay—where individuals through a bid sell items—you can find a cheap wedding dress that is auctioned by a user. You can also visit websites of bridal stores and look for sale items or discounted ones.
- If all else fails, rent. If you can’t find the cheap wedding dress of your dreams in the stores or outlets and online sites mentioned, try visiting a bridal store where they offer rent of wedding dresses. This option will work on those people who are not so sentimental in keeping their wedding mementos. By renting, you can ensure that you can wear a cheap wedding dress on your wedding without spending more than $200
Indeed, most thrifty women would opt for cheap wedding dresses to be used in their big day because this can save them more money for future use. In this day and age where money is more important than sentimental value, cheap wedding dresses are indeed the solution to couples or brides who are tight in budget.
One effective way of saving much money is by finding cheap wedding dresses in various stores out there. But, if you really want to save more money, the best option would be is to rent a wedding dress from as bridal salon. Here, you can wear signature pieces in a very cheap rate. The only problem is that you can’t keep the rented wedding dress.
If you want to keep your wedding gown and save money at the same time, cheap wedding dresses sold in bargain stores, consignment shops, thrift stores, and bridal warehouses would work for you. All you need to do is to carefully plan your budget, know your body type, familiarize yourself with various dress shapes available out there, know where to shop and you are ready to go.
The first thing that you need to consider in buying cheap wedding dresses is your preference. Before setting out to find cheap wedding dresses, it is very important first that you have envisioned the look of the cheap wedding dress you are looking for. You can do this by knowing your body type and the corresponding dress shape for it.
If you are tall, you are lucky because almost all dress shapes can fit you. Consider cheap wedding dresses that are two-piece items such as ball gowns, straight-line dresses, and others. The only major setback is that you might have a problem in finding the right size for you. If you are petite, avoid trying on cheap wedding dresses that are highly elaborated because these can only overemphasize your features. If you are pear-shaped, stick to empire cut or A-line wedding dresses because these will avoid you from showing off your not so proportioned assets.
After knowing your body type and the corresponding dress shape for it, now is the time to visit stores that offer cheap wedding dresses. Today, the most common place where you can find cheap wedding dresses include a bridal warehouse because they might have some leftover stocks from the last season and sell them half the price.
Another option is to look for cheap wedding dresses in various consignment shops in bazaars that are eager to sell their items because they need to transfer to another place or need to replace old styles and items with new ones. You can also look in stores that have season-end sale because they will sure offer cheap wedding dresses and other items in a very affordable price.
Also, try visiting nearby tailor shops because they might sell cheap wedding dresses that are out of the season in terms of style and design. If you find it offensive to wear cheap wedding dresses that are out of the season, you can ask a seamstress to make a wedding gown for you using simple cuts and cheap materials.
Another perfect option where you can find cheap wedding dresses is by visiting auction stores online. This might work for you especially if you have good experience in shopping online. In auction sites, many individuals are selling items such for cheap prices and you are lucky if you will find cheap wedding dresses in good condition.